Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Sounding Joy

Hi there! Can you believe that it's time to start crafting Christmas cards? Actually, it's way past time if you have a ton to do. I usually only send out about 50 so that's still doable. I've been fiddling around with different Christmas sets to find what I want to do this year. But who am I kidding? I end up making about 5 of the same card and then getting bored and have to come up with something new anyway. I end up using all my prototype cards to actually send out so it's not too bad!

This card was made with a Soft Suede base. I then layered on a piece of DSP from the Christmas Cocoa pack from two years ago. I know, I know! But I'm trying not to hoard. I loved that paper but I need to use it up. You should always use what you have and love and not feel bad about it just because "that paper is so two years ago!". Unless it's paper from the 90s. Then you have permission to feel bad. Some of that paper was truly horrid.

Anyway. . . I inked up the star stamp from The Sounding Joy with Crumb Cake ink and stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock. Then I stamped the joy image from the same set in Versamark ink and embossed it with gold embossing powder. The panel was matted onto another piece of Soft Suede. At the bottom, I added two pieces of baker's twine that I had sponged with soft suede ink and two pieces of gold cord. Over the top of those, I added a brad from the Antique brads collection.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Stamps: The Sounding Joy
Card stock: Soft Suede, Whisper White
DSP: Christmas Cocoa (retired)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Versamark
Other: Baker's twine, gold cord (retired), antique brad, embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment