Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chopped Challenge #5

Okay, so this card was supposed to be for two challenges. The first being the Sweet Sunday Sketch #138 and the second being our Chopped Challenge #5. Well, let's just say that the diagonal paper element of the SSS challenge really threw me for a loop and I'm not super happy with how it turned out. It was a learning experience though! I learned that it's not so easy to cut striped paper on the diagonal freehand. And I learned that there is a real science (well, math!) to cutting diagonally and math is NOT my strong point anymore! And yes, I AM in accounting! But accounting and math are really quite different. So I am really on the fence as to whether to post it to that challenge or not.



But I AM super happy with how I used our Chopped elements! For this challenge, the mystery ingredients were the round tab punch and dazzling diamonds. I used the round tab punch in a creative way to come up with the brackets around my birthday greeting. And I used dazzling diamonds to mimic crystal cake stands on the stamped image.

And now that I have the photo all good and blown up, I can tell that I really need to get a new blade for my trimmer! No, I am definitely not using this for Sweet Sunday. Maybe I can get another card done this week instead.

Thank you so much for taking time to stop by and as always, if you have a question or comment I'd love to hear from you!

Stamps: Birthday Bakery, Occasional Quotes
Card stock: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Melon Mambo
DSP: Cheerful Treat
Punches: Round tab, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border
Other: Dazzling Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment