Sunday, August 22, 2010

Amour Box

Hi friends!

Today I made a box to share with you. My pictures don't do it justice of course. I really need to improve my photography skills!

Anyway, this was a really fun project to put together. The box is made from a 6"x6" piece of black cardstock and a 6"x6" piece of designer series paper. Both sheets are scored at 1" on all sides, tabs cut on two sides and adhered to make the box shape.

I decorated the top of the box with the Artistic Etchings stamp set and some of the yummy new Cherry Cobbler seam binding that is available September 1st from the new Holiday Mini. Have you received your copy yet? If not and you would like one, leave me a comment and I'll be happy to contact you to get yours to you.

Before adhering all the pieces to the top, the box received a light spritz of champagne shimmer mist. It is so pretty in person.


I overworked my score lines on the designer series paper and one of the corners tore a little bit when I was putting the top on. So I reinforced all four corners with the word window punch. It looks a bit like the bits of strapping on an old-fashioned suitcase and I love it!

Stamps: Artistic Etchings
Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
DSP: Newsprint
Ink: Black Stazon, Cherry Cobbler
Punches: Word Window
Other: Antique Brads, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Champagne shimmer paint


1 comment:

  1. This is really neat! I don't own this stamp set, but you've made me want to get it now after seeing your box! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete