Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Back in the (card making) Saddle!

Gosh it feels good to be back in my craft room. We finished our basement this summer and while I absolutely love it, it has taken awhile to get everything put back together again. And even then, I set my room up in a completely different configuration so I don't really have a feel yet for how my space works best for me and where all my tools are. I find myself reaching for something in it's "normal" spot only to find that it's not there which is exactly what happened when I started making this card. I am playing along with the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge to use my crimper. I swear it took me longer to locate the crimper in it's new home than it did to make the card!


I am new to reading the Retro Rubber Challenge blog but I know it will become one of my favorites. We all spend so much time and money getting our new stamps and then they languish in our cupboards. Or is that just me? So this card not only used the crimper for the challenge but also one of my older stamp sets, Best of Everything.  I am also submitting this for the sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps. I turned the sketch onto its side to make it work with the stamp set I chose. I really liked this sketch and know that I will keep it in my arsenal. 

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. This is soooo sweet! Love the polka dots and those adorable paper flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! You did the crimper justice and madede that birdie shine! The colors are fab! I am glad you found us and that you love our challenge idea! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors in this adorable card utilizing your newly found crimper! I am just reorganizing my craft room so I certainly know what you're going through! Great card! Thanks for bringing your retro stamps and tools out to play with the Retro Rubber challenge this week. Hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and cheerful card! The crimper adds a nice touch to the texture of the card. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear we are going to be a fave of yours :) Beautiful card, the crimper adds a nice piece of texture to the card. I really love those tiny flowers. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Cx RRBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little bird and have not brought him out to play in such a long time! Glad you found RRBC and shared your sweet card with us... great color choices! Hope to see you often!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out adorable! Love your layout with this cute retired set! Glad to see one of us is using our old sets. This is a keeper! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh...I think you've inspired me to dig out my crimper! Great use of that often-forgotten tool and the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that sweet little bird! You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable! The little bird and those little flowers are perfect! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so beautiful. So many fun elements and colors. Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is adorable! I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete