Sunday, February 28, 2010

Butterfly Birthday

Good morning!

Today's card was inspired by a card that I received in a swap. It is a birthday card for my Aunt Terri and I hope she liked it!

I am loving the Sweet Pea Designers Series paper! The colors are ones that I would never think to put together (well some of them are - I mean Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink? Fav combo ever) but they really work well together.

If you click on the photo to make it larger, you will see that I put Crystal Effects on the butterfly that is in the center of the scalloped element. It was a good way to add some dimension and shine to the card. In hindsight, I really wish I would have done the same thing to the butterfly that is on the flat part of the card. I think that would have been a nice touch. Next time!

Remember how I don't like naked envelopes? For this one I simply adhered the same patterned paper on the outside flap of the envelope with snail and trimmed the excess off. Easy!

Stamps: Vintage Vogue ( 117690 (wood), 118598 (clear mount)), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper (117161)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Punches: Scallop Circle (109043), 1 1/4" circle (104403), Word Window (105090), Modern Label (116630), Scallop Trim border (118402)
Other: Crystal Effects (101055), Dimensionals (104430)

Let me know if you have any questions on how this went together or if you want to order any products. Several of the products used on this card are out of the Occasions mini catalog that is only good until April 30, 2010 and I don't know if any of them are going to make it in to the new "big" catalog. If you see something you love, don't take a chance on missing out!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment