Saturday, October 22, 2011

What I Did When I Wasn't Stamping

Hi there!

So this blog is called Janey Rocket Creates, right? It doesn't really specify that I only create cards, right? So I'm just going to take this opportunity to post something else that I created last weekend! My daughter came home from college for a weekend visit and she enlisted my help in finding her the perfect Halloween Costume for her. She is going to be Rosie the Riveter. Do you know Rosie?



Amy is a strong woman herself so this is the perfect costume for her! We were able to find a denim dress at the second-hand store that fit her like a glove. But it was a dress, not a shirt. Mom to the rescue! I cut it off and hemmed it up. Then I made a name badge to make it look more uniform-y with the name "Rosie" stitched on it. We dug around in an old box and came up with a Girl Scout badge that never made it onto her vest (whoops!) and I sewed that on to the collar. Bam! A Rosie the Riveter costume was born. Okay, well she still needs to add the pants, and the headscarf, but she's got the muscles and the attitude to pull it off! I'll be sure to add pictures of her once she emails them to me.



I'll be back a little later with another card today. It's time to start working on Christmas cards over here.

Have a question? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment